Ah, where to begin?
The past two weeks have been a whirlwind! However, they've been a whirlwind in the best way!
It all started in May when Mike got his new job at Fidelity. From that first day he has done nothing (well, almost nothing) except eat, sleep, go to work, go to church, and study, study, study. Three months later it all came down (literally) to whether or not he would pass the series 7 and series 63 securities tests. Passing these tests determines if you keep your job or not. Feeling "pressure" to pass would be an understatement. Our livelihood depended on these tests.
In July we celebrated Curtis' 1st birthday and my 25th birthday, all within a week. I wrote about it before, but it was pretty much impossible for me to "keep things simple" for his birthday. That boy is just too loved. My birthday was awesome (more to come on that soon).
The Monday after my birthday (August 1) Mike took the Series 7. It was a 6 hour test. When I received the call that night that he PASSED I nearly cried. All of his hard work had finally payed off. We for sure would keep the job. If anyone deserved to pass it was Mike. I am so proud of him and how hard he worked.
After passing the 7 it was right back to work and study for the Series 63, which would be only a week away. Luckily, with the thought of being done in only one more week, Mike was able to focus and prepare for the 63.
Monday morning (August 8) I had my last class for the summer term. Now I just have to finalize and submit grades by Friday. It is starting to seem like a bitter-sweet moment, because Mike and I have been leaning a bit more towards having me take a break from teaching for a while. We don't need the money (well, aside from putting extra payments towards a couple school loans), and I'm feeling more and more like I'm ready to take a different direction with my dancing. Perhaps even choreographing/performing again. We shall see. Woops, tangent.
Monday morning was also an eventful day because Mike took the Series 63. This test is a lot shorter; under two hours. I got the call that he PASSED around 1pm. I don't think I can quite express the joy that I felt hearing those two words. I am ready to have my husband back. I'm ready to go on dates again, to go swimming together, to go camping, and to get away from life for a little while.
HE'S BACK!
I am so proud of my husband. I am so grateful for the blessings we've received these past few months. If anyone is grateful to be done it is Mike. He has put in everything he has.
Well done, Honey. Thank you for working so hard for our family. I am lucky to have you! Here's to the rest of summer...TOGETHER!!!
Yay!! Congratulations to both of you! That is such wonderful news. I hope the remainder of your summer is incredible!
ReplyDeleteYay! We are so excited for you guys! That is awesome. Congrats to Mike for working so hard!
ReplyDeleteYAY!
ReplyDelete