Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Catch Up

It's been a little while since a "real" post. I guess I just don't really have much to say lately. Life is going really well. Mike's job is awesome. He's getting closer and closer to graduation. Curtis is growing up so much. He makes my days wonderful. I've been doing pretty well, considering all the people I know having babies in the spring. It's hard not to feel sad. It's hard having to start over. We would have found out the gender of the baby this month.

October was a crazy month. I spent 10 days in Texas, 5 days at home, 9 days as a nanny, and 7 more days at home. In retrospect it was the longest month ever, but it's amazing how quickly it went by.

I'm trying to find motivation to improve. I wish it wasn't so hard for me to stick with things. When you have so many things you want to improve it is sometimes hard to know where to start. It's so easy to get down on yourself.

I'm getting pretty desperate for some intimate, close, best friends; not just people to hang out with. I'm starting to think that maybe I have a skewed perception of what friendship could really be like. I have also come to appreciate and love my mom so much in the past couple years. I don't know what I'd do if she didn't live so close.

And then, in the midst of all these frustrations, there are always reminders of how wonderful my life is. Having spent a week "mothering" 4 children, I realized that my life won't always be so quiet. I am really trying to learn how to live in the present. I want to be proactive. I want to establish good habits that will last a lifetime.

I'm also realizing that I need to take more non-iPhone pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I always love your posts. Curtis sure is growing up. You are certainly not alone in your frustrations.! Once you figure it all out, or at least some things that help, let me know.;) Life is good though isn't it! I'm grateful for the month of November so we can focus on all of our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so inspiring!
    I know we never really knew each other but I know that you are great because of all the wonderful things that Mike had to say about you. I wish we were closer because we would love some buddies and I know that Curtis and Quinn would get along great.
    I am always grateful to stop by your blog and get uplifted, so thank you! P.S. Curtis is such a stud!!

    ReplyDelete