Two-Thousand-Eleven.
A very good year.
I always find it a little sad to see another year pass by.
Sometimes I wish life could just slow down for a while.
But, change is good, exciting, and always inevitable.
Our family experienced a lot during 2011,
and, as is the tradition,
JANUARY:
-Mike continues work at Chase Bank and attends UVU
-I continue to teach at BYU and begin a brand-new Ballet/Modern fusion class
-Curtis turns 6 months old
FEBRUARY:
-Life continues
-Curtis turns 7 months
-Curtis and Mike visit one of my BYU classes
-The "Mommy Club" babies continue to grow up
MARCH:
-The crazy month!
-Rachel Kitto leaves for Chile LDS mission
-Michael Lanham returns from Montana LDS mission
-Jesse and Alysha are married in the Salt Lake Temple
APRIL:
-Month of moving
-Said "farewell" to the Grants and Goodmans
-Curtis turns 8 months
-Plan a trip to Georgia
MAY:
-Georgia Trip
-Mike starts his new job at Fidelity Investments
-Mike has to study like a crazy person for his Series 7 and 63 exams
JUNE:
-Mike completes his first 1/2 marathon
-Curtis turns 11 months and starts walking
-Mike continues to work and study for licensing exams
-Curtis and I enjoy time at the pool
SEPTEMBER:
-We officially find out that a baby never developed
-Mike started Fall semester at UVU
-I decided to officially become a full-time stay-at-home mom
-Mike completes his first 1/2 marathon
-Curtis turns 11 months and starts walking
-Mike continues to work and study for licensing exams
-Curtis and I enjoy time at the pool
JULY:
-We celebrate July 4th
-Curtis turns 1!
-I turn 25
-We spend a day at Seven Peaks
-I begin teaching my last BYU ballet class during Summer Term
-We learn that we are expecting (to find out later the baby never developed)
AUGUST:
-Mike passes both licensing exams!
-We finally enjoy some extra family time
-We officially find out that a baby never developed
-Mike started Fall semester at UVU
-I decided to officially become a full-time stay-at-home mom
-I tackle my first ever upholstery project
-I also get my first sewing machine and recover all our pillows
-Adjusting to being home all the time is harder than I thought
-I also get my first sewing machine and recover all our pillows
-Adjusting to being home all the time is harder than I thought
OCTOBER:
-Curtis and I take a trip to Texas to teach a dance workshop and visit family
-We spend a week as "live-in" mom and dad for 3 kids
-We celebrate Halloween and Fall
-I think I spent a total of 10 days at home the entire month
NOVEMBER:
-We took family pictures
-We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Kittos
-We participated in the Fitzgerald family annual reunion
-Curtis had his first encounter with Santa, and he was terrified
-We wondered where Winter was
What a fun year! Its neat to look back on everything.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great year 2011 was for you guys :) I didn't know Mike ran a half-marathon! ..... that's a goal of mine for this summer.... that I'm kind of afraid to admit ha. Cause I haven't completely convinced myself. Anyway, go Mike!
ReplyDeleteI hope I get to see you at the next play group. You are so cute Rachel, and we want to hang out with you guys more often!