I know I'm weeks behind, but that's okay.
I knew I'd have to catch up sometime.
Bear with me as I attempt to remember a few important events!
Bear with me as I attempt to remember a few important events!
Christmas was wonderful this year, as it is every year.
We were especially excited to have a 17-month-old to make celebrating even more fun.
We always start the Christmas week off by celebrating our anniversary. This year we went up to Salt Lake and stayed in the Little America Hotel. It was the first time I'd spent a night away from Curtis, but fortunately I was able to relax and trust that he was being well taken care of by Mike's parents! We went to dinner, walked around Temple Square, and had a great getaway. The next morning we had breakfast and then did some shopping at Cabella's and Ikea. Unfortunately, I didn't do a good job of taking pictures. I don't think I even took one photo. Woops.
Christmas week was spent getting ready for lots of family gatherings. On December 23rd we went to Salt Lake with the Kittos. Their family always celebrates Joseph Smith's birthday, as well as "Little Christmas Eve" which is celebrated in Denmark (where Mike's dad served a mission). We visited some extended family, had a good dinner, and went to Salt Lake to look at lights. We also drove around the neighborhoods where Mike's parents grew up. It was a really great night.
Little Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve was spent with the Yandow/Lanhams. We mostly just visited, ate good food, and opened some early presents. As is tradition, we all sit down to open new Christmas pajamas. This year we all sat down expecting the same. First we all opened a small photo album of our annual North Carolina beach trips that we took every summer. The most recent trip was almost 5 years ago! We were all a little surprised at the photo album, but we didn't really think much of it. Next we each opened an envelope and found....A FLIGHT ITINERARY! My parents are taking our entire family on a 10 DAY NORTH CAROLINA BEACH TRIP! Our reactions were priceless. Everyone was freaking out. Literally. My sister even started crying. It was golden. We all got beach towels and a personalized "family beach trip 2012" t-shirt.
And Curtis got his first "real" cell phone
Christmas Day was a little hectic, but that's pretty usual seeing as both of our families live within 3 miles of each other. We started the day off with just our little family of three. Curtis loved opening and playing with his gifts. After we got ready for the day we went to the Kittos for breakfast, family gifts, church, and skyping with Sister Rachel Kitto from her mission in Chile. Then we went to the Yandow/Lanhams for Christmas dinner, more family gifts, and a relaxing night of visiting.
It always seems that Christmas comes and goes so quickly each year. I always feel so incredibly blessed during Christmastime....not just because of the generous gifts we receive from our family and friends, but because of the wonderful blessings we have! We have such incredible family and friends who do so much for us, we have a great neighborhood and warm home, we have everything we need (and so much more), and most of all we have a knowledge of Christ, who has done more for us than we can truly comprehend.
Merry Christmas 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment