I don't usually do this, but lately I'm so irritated at the smallest things and I just have to get them off my back! So, if you're not in the mood for my pessimistic unloading session feel free to skip this post....(seriously, this isn't normal, and you might be shocked and never think of me the same way).
1) Lately anything and everything that takes my husband away from Curtis and me makes me very frustrated. Mike works every day from 7-4pm and then has class almost every night until 8pm. If something comes up that takes him away from me, no matter what it is, I am really, really, really bugged. Aren't I such a supportive wife? Ha! The most unfortunate thing is that it's been very difficult for me to stay positive and supportive of Mike's church responsibilities. This isn't like me. I am usually 100% supportive of church activities. But man it's been hard lately. Yeah, that caucus meeting tonight....I didn't want to wrestle Curtis for 2 hours, so I didn't go. And guess how I'm feeling about Mike going? Yeah, you guessed it. I really don't know how some of you do it, with several kids and husbands in graduate or medical school.
2) Why can't I drive the speed limit without having someone on my tail the entire time. I swear people either can't read or they don't understand what the word LIMIT means. It's not a "speed suggestion!" All I want is to be able to drive the speed limit. Why do we all have to be in such a hurry everywhere? Drives. Me. Crazy!
3) Facebook is making me furious these days. I'm sick of wasting my time on there, searching for validation from people I hardly even talk to in real life. I'm sick of hearing about very important events in my close family and friends' lives from a Facebook post, rather than through a call or personal message. I'm sick of mass wedding groups asking for my address "IF" I want an invitation. Hello! If you want me at your wedding then by golly send me an invitation. Don't wait for me to invite myself. I'm sick of the News Channel posts from KSL and KUTV who ask silly questions every day. Have you ever read the answers people give to those questions? They make me furious. You can't get through a single one without someone bashing Utah, Mormons, Republicans, or some other aspect of Utah culture. If you hate Utah so much then move. Ah!
4) I get really worked up about the gay marriage debate. Reeeeaaaallly worked up about it. I'll have to save it for another post so I don't say anything I will regret.
5) I want to move. I love our little home, I love our neighbors, and I've loved being here, but I'm ready for change. I'm ready to have a place of our own, and I'm ready to settle somewhere more permanent.
I think that's it for now. Luckily, my dad is in town and we have been having a great time. Glad I can get my mind off being annoyed. :)
Don't worry, Rachel. I have those crazy venting days too. I don't think any differently of you now. :) Ya know what, I just went through a Facebook friends list clean-up and shaved off over 100 people. I just got sick of reading annoying posts by people I'm not actually friends with-- and it's been great ever since.
ReplyDeleteYa its not just you that gets this way....we all do, well at least I do. I love you. You are still an amazing example to me. I love you lots!
ReplyDelete