Monday, May 06, 2013

Three Days

I am sitting in our first home, listening to the hammering, nailing, and sawing of wood floors going in downstairs. It's currently 12:19am and I hope we don't wake up the whole neighborhood. But, we can't stop until it's finished. About two weeks ago we found out that baby boy needs to make his debut 3 weeks early due to ICP (cholestasis). I don't have a very severe case of it, and, in fact, I think I barely have it at all, but there is a much higher risk of having a still born baby after 37 weeks. So, he will be joining us this Thursday, May 9th. Three days until life changes forever, again.

Bye-bye three weeks of preparation and time to get settled. Instead, we had basically 10 days to get everything ready to move in. Painting, cleaning, putting in floors, moving in, etc. We moved everything in this weekend and we'll definitely be able to live here. But it's definitely not going to be to the point where I wanted to be as far as having things organized. When Curtis came I had everything ready at least a month in advance. Everything in our home was spotless and organized.

I'll be luck if we make it to the grocery store before Thursday, let alone make freezer meals. Heck, we may not even have any couches to sit on. But, life will go on.

The house is feeling so much more like home. I'll take some good "after" photos as soon as we get things put together a bit more. I'm really excited to be here. We have great neighbors and an awesome LDS ward. There are two separate nurseries because there are so many little kids Curtis' age. He's already made some great friends...as have we. I feel confident that this is where we need to be right now, and I'm grateful that things worked out the way they did. The timing couldn't have been better (even with baby coming early).

I'm so excited to see Curtis with his baby brother. He's going to be such a wonderful friend and example to this boy. I can't wait to see them grow up together and become great friends.

And those are my thoughts in the middle of the night.

Oh, and if anyone is getting rid of couches, a twin bed, a TV, or TV stand....we'll gladly take them off your hands!

2 comments:

  1. yay! I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see pictures of the new place all done! :) I wish that we could be there to help too! We will be thinking good thoughts and sending many prayers your way on Thursday! :) Can't wait to see pictures of the new little Kitto man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how quickly you have gotten everything done. You are an amazing woman! I'll continue praying for you and your sweet family. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete