Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm Committed

Last night, after writing the previous post, I got in bed and pulled out the July 2011 Ensign 
(The Ensign is a published magazine of the LDS Church). 

I had just finished writing about finding motivation to change and progress. 
Amazingly, several of the articles seemed to have been written just for me. 
It was a definite testimony that God really does know me and He cares about me.

The first article that stuck out to me was the First Presidency Message 
by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf entitled BROTHER, I'M COMMITTED:

"Commitment is a little like diving into the water. Either you are committed or you are not. Either you are moving forward or you are standing still. There's no halfway . . . There is a difference between intention and action. Those who only intend to commit may find excuses at every turn."

Then the title of another article stuck out to me. . .

(enough said)

If that wasn't enough, there was one more article that really helped me find the motivation to begin making some changes in my life. The article is by Laurel Teuscher entitled

(scroll down the linked page to find the article)

"There wasn't one specific moment when I made a list and wrote down everything I needed to change. Rather, those changes came little by little."


I'm praying that these articles and stories can help me to find motivation to change. 

3 comments:

  1. i like that message from president uchtdorf! what a great way to say it... either just jump or stand there, no in between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you shared those...it was something I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Start Moving article. Thanks for sharing Rachel!

    ReplyDelete