Do you ever have realizations that hit you in the head like a brick?
I do.
The annoying thing is that it's so hard to find the motivation to change habits.
Lately I feel BLAH. Yes, blah. Know what I mean?
Here's a list of things that need to change....
1) Get the heck outside and exercise!
(I was doing so well until my jogger tire went flat...2 weeks and I've yet to fix it)
3) 10 lbs off (15 would be ideal, but 10 will do)
4) Stop eating junk (okay, so realistically just cut back)
5) Get out of the house and do stuff
It's funny how everything in my life seems to be connected. Once I stop exercising I get lazy, then I eat junk, then I gain weight, then I just want to sit inside and eat more junk, then I'm too tired to study the scriptures and have sincere prayers, then I get depressed and I don't feel like getting out of the house because getting out of the house in 90 degree weather means going swimming, and I don't want to get in a bathing suit when I don't feel good about my body, and that means that Curtis and I stay inside all day and we eat more junk, which makes me gain some more weight, and then the whole thing starts over again. I truly believe that, for me, it all starts with exercise. If that doesn't happen, nothing happens.
At the end of the each day I tell myself,
"TOMORROW WILL BE DIFFERENT"
But it never is.
Come on motivation. I would really appreciate your company right now.
*How do you motivate yourself to make healthy lifestyle changes?
Ah! I feel like I'm reading my own thoughts here, except substitute Vivian for Curtis. It's so true. I really need to get out more. Too bad we don't live across the lawn from each other anymore. We could motivate each other.
ReplyDeletei find that by telling my husband what i want to change, and then having him kick me out of bed if necessary to get going, really helps. his little texts throughout the day help, too (they're either reminders to get moving or little "i'm so proud of you" texts). making small goals helps too! for me, that means really small haha... so i would say i'm going to get on the bike 3x this week. the end. no expectations for next week, just this week. also, i found following a bedtime and morning routine really helps. if anything, you know every day is a new day, so it's never too late to start.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I am feeling the same way these days. It is challenging. I too loved the Ensign this month and the "Start Moving," article felt like it was just what I needed. My only suggestions...ones we I need to follow too are...following Sister Julie B. Beck's counsel of making a list of the "Essential" Things to do, the "Necessary" things to do, and the "Nice to do" things and putting it where you can see it. I believe if we are reading our scriptures and praying before anything else it will all fall into place. But sometimes that is hard to do. I'm glad to know I am not alone. But I know I need to take action as well! I will be thinking of you and hopefully you will post some motivational tips along the way.
ReplyDeletethis is everything i've been feeling about myself. i have no answer to how i motivate myself because i honestly just don't. at all. but reading your post helped me and made me want to be better too. hopefully we can help each other!! :)
ReplyDeleteand i feel like it has been a while since i checked in on you guys. i have so much catching up to do!! Curtis is getting so big :)