Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eleven Months

Dear Curtis,

Happy 11 month birthday, sweet boy! I feel like I say this every month, but I really do feel like the time just flies by; and I wish it would slow down a little. I can hardly believe this next month will be your last month as an official "baby." You are looking so grown up these days, and acting like it too! I wish I could tell you just how much I love you, but that would be impossible because I love you more than I could ever say (and more than you will ever know...until you have children of your own).

Here are a few highlights from your eleventh month of life:

-You can stand up all by yourself!
-You took your first steps this month, and have made some great progress in the past few days. I bet it will only be a few weeks before you're cruising around on your own. Time to buy some shoes for you!
-You finally learned how to clap. We don't mind that it took you a little while because it's pretty much the most adorable thing ever.
-You still only have two teeth. For your sake I wish you had a few more, because you really want to try some new, chunkier, heartier foods. You're an excellent "gum chewer" thought, and are able to eat just about anything that's soft enough.
-I never thought a baby could love to eat as much as you do. It doesn't matter if you're full, or if it doesn't taste very good. You still want to eat it.
-You are really good at mimicking actions and some sounds, but you haven't really wanted to mimic words yet.
-You figured out how to use your sippy cup this month, and now you love it.
-You are very curious! You love exploring new places, new things, and new faces.
-Unfortunately you've figured out that you can get mad when you don't get what you want. You've even begun the floor tantrums (even though they only last 5 seconds before you move onto something else).
-You are slowly becoming more cuddly, but most of the time you'd much rather be exploring something than snuggling with mama.
-Mama gave you your first official haircut this month. We trimmed up the sides and trimmed up your "baby mullet" in the back.
-You are an excellent sleeper, and I surely hope your next sibling follows your example. You still take 2 consistent naps every day, and you most always go down without any fussing. Nighttime is wonderful. You sleep at least 12 hours every night, without waking, and you'll play in your crib for about 30 minutes to 1 hour every morning.
-You understand and will respond to a few words such as clap, eyes, teeth, bottle, and dance.
-You are extremely expressive. Your facial expressions make you seem much older than you are.

I could go on and on! Curtis, thank you for being such a darling boy. I would do anything for you, and I hope as you grow up you will know just how much you are loved and cherished. Let's slow things down this next month and enjoy every minute of your twelfth month!

Love Always,

Mom

2 comments:

  1. he's such a cutie. every time i read your "monthly" posts i just get so excited, thanks for sharing the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I love that Cason plays in his crib in the morning too! I hear him so I get up but then he plays while I get ready. I just fbooked you about naps but this answered my q's :) I may stick to 2 naps for a while cuz I love our schedule we have going. haha.

    ReplyDelete