This is posted on the Nap Time Dancers blog today.
The concept for this duet came from having absolutely no idea what to dance about; something akin to writer's block. I had thought and thought and thought about a concept for weeks. NOTHING came to mind.
Finally I decided that perhaps that should be the basis for the dance. These few words describe the "theme" for our movement:
Improvisation
Synchronization
Shape
Space
Clarity
Tai Chi
Nothing extremely personal or deeply significant. I simple wanted a dance created from not knowing what to dance about. Eventually we came up with a few guidelines, but not too many. You'll notice that the camera angles stay the same, and shots are longer than the typical dance film. I simply wanted us to explore and watch raw movement.
The title came from the title of the song, which is an album about the Tao's (or lessons) of life. I thought "It Is Not Wise to Rush About" was quite appropriate for our movement since it was a slightly indulgent exploratory experience.
And there you have it.
Finally I decided that perhaps that should be the basis for the dance. These few words describe the "theme" for our movement:
Improvisation
Synchronization
Shape
Space
Clarity
Tai Chi
Nothing extremely personal or deeply significant. I simple wanted a dance created from not knowing what to dance about. Eventually we came up with a few guidelines, but not too many. You'll notice that the camera angles stay the same, and shots are longer than the typical dance film. I simply wanted us to explore and watch raw movement.
The title came from the title of the song, which is an album about the Tao's (or lessons) of life. I thought "It Is Not Wise to Rush About" was quite appropriate for our movement since it was a slightly indulgent exploratory experience.
And there you have it.
No comments:
Post a Comment