Thursday, September 08, 2011

Benched

A few days ago I finally tackled a bench makeover. 
It was not a difficult project, it's just that I'm a very talented procrastinator.

This is what it looked like before:
(it now resides in our bedroom, but these are the only "before" photos I had of it)


I am gradually getting rid of a lot of the bright red in our apartment, 
and converting to slightly more muted tones. 
The dark purple paint and red fabric just didn't fit the mood of our "new" bedroom 
(which has gone from red, red, red, to softer blues, greens, white, and burnt orange/red). 

In a nutshell, here is what I did:

1) Unscrewed the cushion and removed it from the base

2) Repaint the base

3) Remove the previous fabric

4) Cut out new fabric 

5) Use a staple gun to attach the new fabric

6) Reattach the cushion to the base


And this is what we now have in our bedroom

I will post some final "before" and "after" shots of our 
bedroom mini-makeover, and living room re-do. 

Just a few more things to do first!

2 comments:

  1. I loooooove it! It looks so good. Way to be crafty! I have wanted to do something like this but never have.

    ReplyDelete