Good news!
This is finally starting to look appetizing again.
I was on the road to a permanent whole-foods, more greens, journey
right up until week 6 of pregnancy.
Unfortunately it was nearly impossible to continue when all I could stomach was
toast, apple butter, apple sauce, plain rice, and plain pasta.
Oh, and the occasional potato chips.
So healthy, huh?
What a cruel irony...
knowing the first few weeks are the most crucial to a baby's development,
but not being able to stand the sight of a salad.
I suppose my consolation is that I was the same way with Curtis,
and he turned out just fine.
(And at least this time I have a nice Blendtec to make a few healthy green smoothies.)
Did you have any weird pregnancy cravings or aversions?
Did you have any weird pregnancy cravings or aversions?
I never did with my other 3 but this one the first 3 months I couldn't stand the thought/sight/smell etc of any veggie or water! I love water and veggies. I am now 5 months and I am just barley starting to not gag over the thought of veggies. I would still eat them because I KNOW I need them and while eating them I had to try to imagine them being something different! The only veggie I could stomach was romaine lettuce with a vinaigrette on it. The water was really for the first 2 months but again I gagged that down because I know it is the best! Now I have no problem with water and am back to drinking a ton of it!
ReplyDeleteYes I had lots of food aversions. I don't eat super healthy while I'm pregnant, it's mostly just a matter of trying to find anything that sounds remotely appetizing so that I can keep gaining weight and helping my little ones to grow. You are doing great. I would love it if you would elaborate a little more on how you jumped into your whole foods eating and how your hubby and curtis are enjoying it. What got you motivated to go that direction and how are you applying it? Whole foods as in Vegan or as in raw milk, grass fed beef, etc.? Just hoping for some motivation, recipes, etc. I know you are busy and pregnant so if you don't have time that's okay. Way to go though.
ReplyDelete