Fall this year was unusually warm, which was nice for a while, but eventually made me ache for cooler temperatures. As for the comings and goings of September through November, Mike worked a lot, and I taught my BYU classes and spent lots of time at home with Curtis. Halloween was a lot of fun this year. I "feared" that Curtis wouldn't let us put a costume on him, as he was completely against it until we bribed him with lots of treats. Still not sure why I even cared that much, because honestly I don't even like Halloween very much (although you'd probably never guess it from the following pictures). We decided, for at least this year, to keep a family theme. We went with an Oriental theme: Curtis was a ninja, I was an Asian lady, and Mike was a panda bear. We are the best at procrastinating, and came up with the costumes the day before Halloween.
We also visited Hee Haw Farms towards the end of October. Unfortunately it was close to nap time and we ended up leaving early with our tired, grumpy boy. But hey, it was still worth it.
Thanksgiving was spent in Texas with my dad and Steph. We originally planned to have all the siblings come down, but unfortunate circumstances kept Jesse and Alysha, and Chris and Tregani from being able to go. We still had a great time, and I'm glad we were able to go. On the way down I drove with Michael, Eliza, Mark, and Curtis. We stopped for the night in La Veta, CO and stayed with our Aunt Lisa. We drove the rest of the way the next morning. Mike flew down on Thursday morning and was there for the rest of the weekend. It was great to see family and spend the weekend with them. We ate Thanksgiving dinner at The Big Texan--and it ended up being a really good traditional meal. After a few days of visiting we all drove the 16 hours home on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment