Time to check in with a good old journal update. Life is good. We are healthy, happy, and moving towards our 2013 goal of eliminating all student debt and buying our first home. We announced baby boy #2 at Christmas and so far everything is continuing to go well with this baby and pregnancy.
Mike is working so hard right now; getting every extra hour of overtime he can. I'm so grateful for his hard work and sacrifice. He works a minimum of 10 hours a day, then extra overtime on Fridays and Saturdays. It's hard to have him gone a lot, but it won't be forever! He was called as an assistant clerk in our ward, and has been learning a lot about the clerical aspects of the ward organization.
I am teaching only 4 hours a week, and loving it. I teach 2 beginning ballet classes this semester and am grateful for the extra time I have to be home with Curtis before this baby comes. It's also getting harder for me to dance/demonstrate, so I'm grateful for the beginning classes. The timing couldn't be better as I'll have over a month after the semester ends before baby is due. Curtis and I spend lots of time indoors these days, as it's just too darn cold to go out much. I can't wait for warmer weather and sunshine to get us out of the house more.
Curtis deserves a post of his own--and he'll get one in the next few days. He's growing up and changing so much every day. His verbal skills improve daily and he's able to communicate everything he wants to, which is so much fun! I love being able to talk and joke and play with him. He has the best manners and is so polite. He loves being at my parents' home where he gets to see family members often. He is happy and sleeping well. I love this time I have with Curtis. It makes me more and more grateful that baby #2 has come later than we originally wanted. Obviously close siblings are great, but I'll always be grateful we had almost 3 years to spend with him before more babies came. He's going to be a wonderful big brother.
Mike and I have been implementing a "1,2,3" counting/time-out system that has dramatically improved Curtis' attitude and his obedience/response. He is usually a very good listener (although sometimes it takes several minutes to get him to focus on the task at hand because he's always busy doing something). Potty training is at the very beginning stages. Curtis likes to sit, fully clothed, on the toilet, but that's it. Honestly I don't feel like pushing it at this point. I'm okay changing 1 stinky diaper a day (which is all he usually does). Even if he's not 100% ready before baby comes it'll be fine with me.
And that's about it for now!
So happy to hear about your baby on the way! Hope all is well with you and yours :)
ReplyDelete