I have been needing to write a post dedicated to Curtis for months! Our little baby Curtis is definitely not a baby anymore. He teaches me more about life than anything or anyone ever could. He is sensitive, aware, smart, funny, loving, and full of life. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for giving me the chance to be his mother. I couldn't have asked for a more incredible son.
Curtis at 2 1/2...
-Weight: 30 lbs
-Hair: light brown
-Eyes: green/hazel
-Clothes size: 3T pants/4T shirts
-Shoe size: 6 1/2 wide
Fun Facts...
-Loves to sing
-Loves bathtime
-Says please and thank-you for everything
-Says the cutest prayers ever
-Knows his ABCs and numbers up to 20
-Working on colors and shapes
-Favorite foods: oranges, bananas, bagels, yogurt, strawberries, waffles, beans, cucumbers, avocados, and raisins
-Favorite shows: Tangled, Curious George, Sesame Street, Lion King, Jungle Book, Up, Cars, and Ice Age
-Best Friends: Corbin, Zach, and Alex
-Favorite Activities: Running, basketball, football, riding bikes, watching movies, and playing at the park
Great Quotes...
-"I have little hands! Mommy and Daddy have big hands!"
-While "ordering" food on the baby monitor..."I'll have one hot dog, two french fries, and one ice cream" (oh boy!)
-He always says "it's ______ time!" (movie time, park time, breakfast time, etc)
-"Yeah boy!"
-"Yeah dude!"
-"My incredible shoes!"
There are so many other things Curtis does and says that I'd never be able to remember them all. I mostly want to remember how alive and active he is. He is always telling us about something he's done, or something he saw or said. He is very aware of others around him and is observant and careful around others. I have been giving him haircuts for the past few months and he is a pro! He sits still the whole time and tells me "thank you Mommy" after we're done. He is a very helpful boy; he always picks up his toys when asked, and he is usually very neat and clean. If he's eating something and his hands get messy he has to stop and asks for a napkin to clean his hands. When we brush teeth at night he pulls his stool up to the counter and has to do everything himself--honestly sometimes this is a little frustrating when we're in a hurry, but I am grateful for his independence and I know it will be a blessing when his baby brother joins our family and my hands are tied up more often.
Curtis is (again) a great sleeper. Since he was a little baby he has slept through the night. We've always been able to put him right down, while he's awake, kiss him, and leave the room. We've only had a few short periods where he's had sleeping issues. After about 3-4 months of having to stay with him until he fell asleep (which sometimes took over an hour every time) he is finally able to fall asleep alone again. About 2-3 times a week he will come into our bed around 5 or 6am. At this point I don't mind him joining us and we usually have a great time snuggling as a family before the day begins. If he comes in earlier than that we take him right back to his bed.
Now I'd like to write about our current daily routine...
Morning: Daddy leaves really early for work so Curtis and I sleep in until about 8-9am. I am grateful that Curtis sleeps so well (especially being pregnant right now). He usually wakes up first and goes upstairs to grab himself a banana. He'll bring it back down and we'll rest for a little while. Then we get up and head upstairs for breakfast. Breakfast usually consists of either fruit, toast, cereal, waffles, eggs, or a green smoothie. After breakfast we do some cleaning, laundry, etc, and get ready for the day. Depending on the day and the weather we will usually hang out inside until I have to go teach, go to the park, have play dates with Corbin and Shelley, have some movie time, run errands, read books, etc. I am counting down the days until it's warm enough to go outside again. This winter has been killer!
Afternoon: Curtis takes a nap after lunch every day. Lunch is usually a sandwich, cut veggies, yogurt, nuts, or leftover dinner. Nap time is usually between 1 and 2pm. Sometimes he won't take a nap, but he has to have "quiet time" in his room for at least an hour. This gives me a chance to rest, or work on teaching stuff. After naps, on days that I teach, he goes to Wendy's house to play with Zach and Alex. I teach M/W/Th in the late afternoon. On Thursdays he goes to Jaclyn's house and plays with Corbin and Matt.
Evening: Daddy comes home between 7:30pm and 8:30pm depending on how much overtime is offered. We'll have dinner (unless we've eaten earlier) and then have family time for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Bedtime routine begins around 8-8:30pm and Curtis is usually in bed by 9pm. Daddy usually helps him get ready for bed, reads him a book, and puts him to bed.
Every day is an adventure with Curtis. He is a very active boy who loves to run and play. He is "all boy" and loves swords, guns, animals, cars, trains, and sports. But he is also very sensitive and loving. He is going to be an incredible big brother and I can't wait to see him with this new baby. Motherhood has been the hardest, most rewarding, experience of my life, and I wouldn't change it for anything.
| Curtis and Corbin January 2013 |
I love this post! Thanks honey for writing all the things that Curtis has been doing. I love having a record of this.
ReplyDeleteIn this Picture Curtis looks like he is 4 years old and not 2 and 1/2. He is growing up so fast!