Thursday, April 04, 2013

Big Changes


We are officially first-time homeowners!
We closed this afternoon and will have house access tomorrow! 
It's a pretty surreal feeling actually. I honestly thought this day would be a lot further away. 
The whole process happened so much quicker than we ever anticipated, 
but it is definitely a blessing that things happened the way they did. 

Now the fun begins! As I look over on the sidebar and see "8 weeks" on the baby countdown I am filled with lots excitement and even more anxiety. Eight weeks until my due date. Eight weeks to get our house move-in ready. Eight weeks to prepare for this little boy to join our family. Eight weeks to turn a house into a home. To say I'm feeling a bit of pressure would be a major understatement. On top of the baby coming, two of my siblings are moving home for the summer, which means things are going to get a lot more crowded here in the Yandow Hotel. Mike is still working a lot of overtime, which means there's not a lot of free time to work on projects. I'm definitely a just-do-it-myself type of person, and will probably work on things by myself a lot, but being 32 weeks pregnant changes my DIY capability quite a bit. AND my mom is heading to North Carolina for the next two weeks (or more). Wah! 

These are the things that have get done before moving in:
-Remove all carpet
-Deep clean every surface
-Clean air ducts
-Paint all walls
-Paint baseboards 
-Paint bathroom vanities 
-Install new carpet
-Refinish wood floors
-Replace several light fixtures
-Replace dishwasher 
-Reseed the lawn (or sod)
-Fix a couple minor plumbing issues
-Replace all locks

And these are things we'd like to get done relatively soon:
-Paint exterior doors and trim
-Paint the back fence
-Replace a few window screens

I'm honestly really excited for the projects and how awesome it will be to get these things done, but it's definitely a hefty list for a pregnant lady and a super busy working hubby. We're gearing up for lots of late nights! 

And here we go! 

*if you're looking for a service opportunity you know who to call. . . :)  

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on finding a house! and what perfect timing it sounds like, too. good luck getting everything all set, i'm sure curtis will be so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Looks like a great place and I 'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait to see how you fix it up and make it even prettier. I have a guy who does a great price on seed if you decide that's the route you want to go for the yard...He's seeding our lawn as soon as the temp gets more consistent.

    ReplyDelete