My little Evan the Baby is growing up so fast. He is 9 months as of Sunday, and I swear he changes every day. It has been so fun to have another little boy in our family. Evan's personality is really starting to show, and I like to call him my little drama baby. He is so happy and mellow and mild-tempered...most of the time. Just watch out when he's angry because this boy can throw a fit. He has the loudest scream ever. It is cute right now but I have a feeling this baby is going to give me a run for my money over the next few years. :)
Even though he knows how to throw a fit, Evan really is a very happy baby. He is always smiling and laughing, playing and interacting. Evan is very observant of people. He really looks and sees things. He is also so much snugglier than Curtis was as a a baby, and I am soaking in every cuddly minute.
Evan is fully crawling these days (has been for about three weeks), and he is pulling to standing. He hasn't quite figured out how to stand on his own and balance yet, but I'm certainly in no rush for him to walk. I'll happily keep my baby for as long as possible. Evan loves to feed himself, which makes mealtimes a bit difficult. He is also a much pickier eater than Curtis was. He loves veggies much more than fruit, which is also different than I expected. I am still nursing Evan and hope to continue at least 3 more months. It has been much easier to keep it up than it was with Curtis because I am home basically full-time. I worked a lot more when Curtis was a baby.
Evan hasn't been a very good sleeper, well at least compared to super-sleeper-baby Curtis. Evan is finally sleeping through the night (about 7:30pm-6am). He'll usually go back to sleep until 8am, then he naps again at 10am. I'm finally feeling like a normal person again. Ha!
Evan loves his brother. He always gets the biggest smile on his face when Curtis comes in the room, and no one can make him laugh like Curtis can. I love seeing them together!
I find it really difficult to put my feelings about my kids into words. This morning as I held Evan before his nap, he fell asleep in my arms, and I was completely overwhelmed with love for him. There truly are not words to describe what a mother's love is like. I live for my babies. They have completely changed my life. There's just nothing like it in the world. Nothing in my life has been as rewarding as having and holding and loving and raising my babies. Life is good.

No comments:
Post a Comment