I always heard that, after your first baby, subsequent pregnancies go by much quicker. While I wouldn't say it's gone by quicker--especially since I've basically been pregnant for a year and half--I will say that I don't find myself thinking constantly about being pregnant. Sometimes I feel guilty that I'm not always thinking about the arrival of this baby, or about how big he is, or about what I want the nursery to look like. I haven't posted hardly anything about it, I'm not working on any baby projects, I hardly read anything about babies besides the short weekly updates my phone sends me each Thursday morning when another week has passed.
But, none of those things mean I am not overjoyed at the thought of welcoming another baby into our family. It's no secret that we've had a difficult time getting baby #2 here, and for that fact alone I am completely full of gratitude that we've made it this far...
27 Weeks and 3 Days... A little under 3 months left.
This little boy is a miracle baby. I no longer take pregnancy or the ability to have children for granted. This past year I've spent many nights contemplating the possibility that my body might not actually be able to carry another baby to full term. It is not always easy. It is not always possible. And we are not always in control. So, rather than writing many posts on what stroller to buy, or how the nursery is coming together, or what blankets I'm sewing, the thoughts I really want to share are that I am extremely grateful, and feel blessed beyond words, that we are having another baby.
I'm grateful for all the kicks, for the sleepless nights, and for my growing belly. I'm grateful for my little family of three...soon to be four.
Hang in there baby boy. We want you with us for a long, long time.
16 Weeks
20 Weeks |
24 Weeks
I am so happy for your little miracle baby. I can't wait for another little boy to join our family.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys. You look so good! Can't wait to see another one of your cute boys runnin' around.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post honey! I love you, Curtis, and this baby boy so much! I'm grateful for your patience and faith.
ReplyDelete